There has been a long history linking the Sikhs to the British since the eighteenth century. This history is relatively unknown and requires an initiative to bring closer introspection and investigation. As a result, the Sikh Museum Initiative will focus on locating and uncovering relics and documents which binds the two communities together. This national programme will leave a lasting legacy for future generations so that second generation Sikhs will understand the close relationship that exists.
- To create a digital platform for Sikh exhibits.
- To give lectures on shared Sikh and British history.
- To source relics and artefacts in public as well as private institutions.
- To preserve places and artefacts linking both communities.
- To work with Schools to share common Sikh and British heritage.
The Anglo Sikh Virtual Museum project is funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund.